[torqueusers] pbs_submit - the simplest scenario?

Marcin Grabda marcin.grabda at gridwisetech.pl
Fri Aug 18 07:29:09 MDT 2006

Hi there.

I'm trying to submit job using PBS C API provided by torque 2.1.2, but I
find some problems.

In my program, I'm calling pbs_connect, and right after that pbs_submit.
The second call returns NULL, pbs_errno is also set to  "PBSE_BADUSER
15023            Bad user - no password entry".

I'm calling pbs_submit something like that:

pbs_submit(_connect, attrs, "/home/grabka/work/test.sh", NULL, NULL);

In attrs list there are nine attributes set: "Checkpoint", "Hold_Types",
"Join_Path", "Keep_Files", "Mail_Points", "Priority", "Rerunable",
"Job_Name", "Resource_List.nodes". All are set to default values, except
last two of course.

Does somebody can tell me, please, what am I missing? I've also tried to
change NULL values to "", but it didn't help.

Cheers,
Marcin