[torqueusers] How to create maximums for a queue

bill cluster.bill at alinto.com
Fri Aug 18 02:01:21 MDT 2006

Hello

I've set up a queue like:
    qmgr -c "create queue q4cpu queue_type=execution"
    qmgr -c "set queue q4cpu started=true"
    qmgr -c "set queue q4cpu enabled=true"
    qmgr -c "set queue q4cpu resources_default.nodes=1"
    qmgr -c "set queue q4cpu resources_default.walltime=3600"
    qmgr -c "set queue q4cpu resources_max.nodes=4"

I want that users can't use more than 4 CPU. I've got quadriCPU machines.

But with this setting users can launch jobs with
qsub -l nodes=8:ppn=4

Why?

How can I limit the number of CPU used by queues?

Thanks