[torqueusers] pbs_submit - simplest scenario ?

Krzysztof Wilk chris at gridwisetech.com
Mon Aug 21 03:45:54 MDT 2006

Dear all,

We are trying to submit a job using PBS C API that is provided by Torque
2.1.2.
In the code we call pbs_connect followed by pbs_submit.

The second call returns NULL and thereafter pbs_errno is set to the
following value:
         "PBSE_BADUSER 15023 Bad user - no password entry".

We call pbs_submit the following way:

pbs_submit(_connect, attrs, "/home/grabka/work/test.sh", NULL, NULL);

pbs_submit(_connect, attrs, "/home/grabka/work/test.sh", "", "");
(This way it did not work either.)

In attrs list there are nine attributes set i.e. "Checkpoint", "Hold_Types",
"Join_Path", "Keep_Files", "Mail_Points", "Priority", "Rerunable",
"Job_Name", "Resource_List.nodes". All of them are set to default
values, except last two ("Job_Name", "Resource_List.nodes").

Can you tell us what we are missing?
Which attributes should we specify for job submission?

Thanks for any hint or clue,

Best,
Chris
Chris Wilk                            chris.wilk at gridwisetech.com
Consultant

GridwiseTech                          office/fax: +48 12 294 71 20