[torqueusers] Torque not counting cputime for all nodes

Martin Schafföner martin.schaffoener at e-technik.uni-magdeburg.de
Mon Aug 14 02:16:07 MDT 2006

On Saturday 12 August 2006 03:55, Garrick Staples wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 02:46:02PM +0200, Martin Schafföner alleged:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I noticed after upgrading to 2.1.1 and lately to 2.1.2 that Torque does
not
> > count the used cputime correctly. I.e., I have a job running on both CPUs
on
> > a number of SMP nodes at full cpu throttle, so cputime should be
> > approximately ncpus*walltime, but it's always only 2*walltime. And yes,
> > processes are launched through the TM interface.
>
> How long are these running for?  Maybe what you are seeing is the lag in
> polling time on sisters?

They are running for several hours, so IMHO it shouldn't be a short-time
effect like the lag in polling time you describe.

Regards,
--
Martin Schafföner

Cognitive Systems Group, Institute of Electronics, Signal Processing and
Communication Technologies, Department of Electrical Engineering,
Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
Phone: +49 391 6720063
PGP-Public-Key: http://ca.uni-magdeburg.de/certs/pgp0Cschaffoener64D8BEC0.asc