[torqueusers] submission host

Craig Macdonald craigm at dcs.gla.ac.uk
Thu Aug 10 17:10:24 MDT 2006

If the --with-default-server=NAME_OF_HEAD_NODE is set, is it OK not to have the /var/spool/pbs/server_name file at all?

Relatedly, would it be possible to have this feature set by an environment variable? We would like to use Garrick's fedora extras RPM, but without having to create a file in /var on each "user access system". Ie a department could add torque-client to the default fedora install, then each group of users with a system could just set the correct env var to point to the NAME_OF_MASTER_NODE of the cluster that their group uses.

Craig