[torqueusers] submission host

Steven A. DuChene linux-clusters at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 10 15:06:21 MDT 2006

If by submission host you mean a place where users can sumbit jobs to
the rest of the cluster but is not the head node of the cluster, then it is
very simple to do. If you are creating a submission host (or as
we call it here a user access node) then you do not have to run any
of the various pbs daemons there. All you should need is a
/var/spool/pbs/server_name file with the name of your cluster head node
in it and the pbs client commands installed. In fact when I compile torque
on a user access system I usually do "--disable-mom --disable-server --enable-clients"
as well as a --with-default-server=NAME_OF_HEAD_NODE