[torqueusers] submission host

Tony Schreiner schreian at bc.edu
Tue Aug 8 08:52:27 MDT 2006

Greetings

I'm new to this list and to Torque (ignorance will be displayed)

I installed a cluster recently with Torque (version 1.2.0p4) pre-
installed (and Maui 3.2.6). It works fine, but I am attempting to add
another host toTorque as a submission host, but am getting the

qsub: Bad UID for job execution

error when I submit from this new node.

pbs_mom is running on the new node

I've set up hosts.equiv so you can do  rsh  in each direction from
the new node to the master and vice versa.

pbsnodes -a
run from the new host shows all the nodes,

and I can submit jobs from the master to the new node (which is not
really what I want).

What else do I need to do to run qsub from the new node?

Second question if I may, can versions 1.2 and 2 interoperate?

Thanks,
Tony Schreiner
Boston College