[torqueusers] Which job next?

Jerry Smith jdsmit at sandia.gov
Thu Aug 10 08:22:55 MDT 2006

Neel,

> Can someone please tell me if there is a torque/maui command to find out
> which job (out of the waiting jobs) is scheduled to run next?

    This is the first job in the IDLE section in the showq output.  And the
approximate start time of that job can be seen with:
    showstart <jobid>

Remember this start time is also a "best guess" in relation to the job mix,
and setup parameters below.

Checkjob <jobid>  will show you a bit more info as well.

> Also, the way I see it, the next job to run can only be a calculated
> guess. And this calculation is done every scheduling interval based on
> fairshare values, max_proc soft/hard limit and other server/queue
> parameters. Right?

Depending on your setup of the above, yes.

--Jerry