[torqueusers] Torque 2.1.2 MS Windows support?

Garrick Staples garrick at clusterresources.com
Fri Aug 4 09:19:04 MDT 2006

On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 01:53:59PM +0200, Krzysztof Wilk alleged:
> Dear all,
>
> In recent Torque 2.1.2 release announcement there was a mention about MS
> Windows support:
>
> "[...] MS Windows support for job submission and job management[...]"
>
> I would like to hear some clarification to this announcement.
>
> If there is a document or relevant information on ClusterResources web
> site, please forward me there.

See README.cygwin in the TORQUE tarball.

> I suppose MS Windows support is partial, at least in the beginning.
> Which Torque daemons (i.e. pbs_server, pbs_sched, pbs_mom) are allowed
> to run on MS Windows?
> Which commands (e.g. qsub, qmgr etc.) are allowed to be invoked from MS
> Windows clients?

All of the clients should work.  In theory pbs_server and pbs_sched will
work too, but I didn't bother testing them.

> Which MS Windows Platforms (e.g. 2003, XP, 2000 etc.) are supported?

I was using 2000 when I was testing it.  Turns out that Cygwin handled
everything fine and basicly no changes were made in TORQUE to run uder
Cygwin.