[torqueusers] PBS server server_name and server_state attributes empty?

Garrick Staples garrick at clusterresources.com
Wed Aug 2 08:21:17 MDT 2006

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 02:33:15PM +0200, Krzysztof Wilk alleged:
> Dear all,
>
> I found out that some of PBS server attributes seem not to be
> initialised correctly. See the following qmgr command output:
>
> # qmgr -c "p server pbs_version"
> #
> # Set server attributes.
> #
> set server pbs_version = 2.1.1
>
> # qmgr -c "p server server_state"
> #
> # Set server attributes.
> #
> # qmgr -c "p server server_name"
> #
> # Set server attributes.
> #
> # qmgr -c "p server state_count"
> #
> # Set server attributes.
> #
>

> PBS server is running properly i.e. accepts submitted jobs and schedules
> them.
>
> According to pbs_server_attributes manual, the aforementioned server
> properties need not to be initialised manually. The server is supposed
> to take care of it.

Try the 'list' command, 'list server', 'l s server_state' and 'l s
state_count".

"state_count" and "server_state" are read-only so they won't show up with 'set'.

The "server_name" attribute isn't actually set by default.  The hostname
is used as the default value.  Default values that are unset by the
admin don't show up with 'set'.