[torqueusers] Different queues out of all nodes

notinh notien notinhnotien7 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 28 16:51:38 MDT 2006

Hi, all.  I would like to set up Torque and Maui so that basically we would
have "three type of queues".

Since we have 2 set of machines: one set is slower than the other set.

Queue 1: Faster machines  (1st priority)
Queue 2: Slow machines    (2nd priority)
Queue 3: All machines       (3rd priority)

Actually, we would like users to not have to think too much when submitting
jobs but we try to utilize the cluster efficiently.

If enough faster machines to run a job, then the job will use the available
set of faster machines.
If enough slow machines to run a job, then the job will use the available
set of slow machines.
Set of faster machines has higher preference over the set of slower
machines.

If not enought slow or faster set of machines, than using the available
machines to run the job.

Could someone help me how to set up these queues?

Thank you very much.
Notinh Notien.