[torqueusers] Submitting a graphical job to Torque in batch mode

David Golden dgolden at cp.dias.ie
Wed Apr 26 10:48:51 MDT 2006

On 2006-04-26 10:08:28 -0400, Prakash Velayutham wrote:

> I am sending this question to scilab list also, but if someone here has
> a similar setup working, I could get some pointers here.

Well, there's a program (included in most linux distros)
called Xvfb that can be a "headless" software virtual X11 framebuffer,
possible  solution if you don't actually care about the GUI
but have an application that insists on having a fully viable
X11 display, or perhaps if you want to batch-job-run a rendering
application that insists on rendering to an X window.