[torqueusers] Submitting a graphical job to Torque in batch mode

Prakash Velayutham velayups at email.uc.edu
Wed Apr 26 08:08:28 MDT 2006

Does anyone know how I can submit a graphical mode application like
scilab through qsub? I have an input script file that I want scilab to
use (instead of interactive means), and the output should automatically
be generated in the working directory on the compute node.

But this is what I get:

loginnode> qsub -I -V -lnodes=alanine -qusers

prakash at alanine:/tmp> scilab -nwni -nb -f
/usr/local/bin/scilab: line 27:
/usr/local/encap/scilab-4.0/lib/scilab-4.0/pvm3/lib/pvmgetarch: No such
file or directory
Error: Can't open display: localhost:11.0

Please note that the option -nwni means "start Scilab without user
interaction (batch mode)", -nb means "do not display the Scilab banner
at starting time" and -f means "execute the scilab script given in File
I am sending this question to scilab list also, but if someone here has
a similar setup working, I could get some pointers here.