[torqueusers] timeshared nodes

David Johnson (MetOcean Solutions) d.johnson at metocean.co.nz
Fri Apr 21 15:16:47 MDT 2006

Can someone explain to me how timeshared nodes should be specified in Torque???

I have been trying ':ts' in the nodes file (e.g. 'node1:ts'  - previous message below) without success.
Should I instead be specifying multiple "virtual" processors with e.g. 'node1 np=2'  ??
I have tried this, it kinda works, but then can't seem to be able to get 1 process per node (the scheduler always puts 2 processes on each node).

There is no mention of ':ts' in the online documentation for Torque node configuration:
http://www.clusterresources.com/wiki/doku.php?id=torque:3.2_configuring_node_properties

Thoroughly confused

Thanks in advance any enlightenment