[torqueusers] Unauthorized request in qmgr

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Wed Apr 19 11:15:48 MDT 2006

On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 10:37:24AM +0000, Hans Meier alleged:
> I've just succeeded in installing the Debian package by Bas van der Vlies.
> However, I'm not able to set it up correctly.
>
> I want to configure the server according to the official admin manual, so I
> do:
> pbs_server -t create
> That works. However, the next steps yield only error messages. Inside qmgr,
> I type:
> set server operators = root
> qmgr obj= svr=default: Unauthorized Request
>
> I get that error for every command within qmgr.
>
> I've read that it could be something with the hostnames, so here's the
> contents of the relevant files:

Try 'qmgr fdpmirs011.tu-graz.ac.at', or list the server configuration
with 'print server' in qmgr, and then connect using one of hostnames
listed as a manager.

> /var/spool/torque/server_name:
> localhost

You need to set this to set this correctly on all hosts in your cluster.

University of Southern California