[torqueusers] Unauthorized request in qmgr

Hans Meier ma2412ma at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 19 04:37:24 MDT 2006

I've just succeeded in installing the Debian package by Bas van der Vlies.
However, I'm not able to set it up correctly.

I want to configure the server according to the official admin manual, so I
do:
pbs_server -t create
That works. However, the next steps yield only error messages. Inside qmgr,
I type:
set server operators = root
qmgr obj= svr=default: Unauthorized Request

I get that error for every command within qmgr.

I've read that it could be something with the hostnames, so here's the
contents of the relevant files:

/var/spool/torque/server_name:
localhost

/etc/hosts:
127.0.0.1       localhost
129.27.145.11   fdpmirs011.tu-graz.ac.at        fdpmirs011

hostname:
fdpmirs011

What could be the problem here?

TIA,