[torqueusers] Cannot configure torque-2.0.0p8

Mike Renfro renfro at tntech.edu
Sun Apr 16 20:06:03 MDT 2006

On Sun, Apr 16, 2006 at 07:41:29PM +0200, James Clark wrote:

> Yes, you're probably right, I will try to do a normal configure,
> make, make install since that will hopefully save me some
> time. Anyway, if anyone has Debian packages or at least could tell
> me how to create them, please let me know.

I go for Debianized versions of lots of stuff, but some things that
are fairly self-contained I manage with GNU stow (apt-get install
stow). Torque is physically installed into
/usr/local/stow/torque-X.Y.ZpN, with symlinks back to /usr/local/bin,
/usr/local/sbin, etc. I do the same thing with OpenMPI, Ganglia, and a
few other things in the cluster systems. Then all I have to do is
rsync /usr/local/stow and ssh into each system for a "cd
/usr/local/stow ; stow *" to update them. There would be a small
amount more configuration for stuff in /usr/spool/PBS, but it's
generally one-time and manageable.

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro at tntech.edu