[torqueusers] job submission from remote hosts

Neelesh Arora narora at Princeton.EDU
Wed Apr 12 17:59:01 MDT 2006

Hi,

I have a question regarding the default behavior of acl_host_enable and
acl_hosts parameters in torque server and queue config. According to the
manuals, default value of acl_host_enable is false, which allows all
remote hosts to submit jobs to the server. But this isn't working.

We have torque-2.0.0p2 and without changing the default values of these
parameters, a remote host (with pbs client commands only) fails to
submit jobs to our main pbs_server. The error returned is "qsub: Bad UID
for job execution". The passwd file entries are the same on these two
machines, so the UID does match.

Am I missing something here?

There are references to the ALLOWCOMPUTEHOSTSUBMIT and SUBMITHOSTS
parameters in the torque.cfg file, at other places on this forum. Are
these torque.cfg entries required, even with the above mentioned pbs
configs? What's the relation between these two sets of config parameters?

Thanks.

-Neel