[torqueusers] mom ideal_load / max_load used w/ strict batch jobs

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Apr 6 13:33:03 MDT 2006

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 05:49:53PM +0200, Ronny T. Lampert alleged:
> Hi,
>
> are the pbs_mom directives "$ideal_load" and "$max_load" considered when the
> nodes are only used by batch jobs, i.e. NO qsub -I ones?

That would be up to the scheduler.  But I'n not aware of any scheduler
that looks at interactive jobs differently than non-interactive jobs.

> I have 2 nodes that don't get jobs scheduled because local programs have put
> the load to 4.70 above the $max_load=4.00.
>
> I could not find anything expressive about that topic in the docs.

Again, this is up to the scheduler to decide what to do when MOM reports
itself as "busy."

University of Southern California