[torqueusers] Changing order of jobs

Ignacio Fernández Galván jellby at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 5 06:44:29 MDT 2006

Hi all,

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, forgive me if it isn't.

I'd like to know if it's possible (and how) to change the order in
which jobs will be run. I have tried qorder and it does, indeed, change
the order of jobs as reported by qstat, but they are still run in the
order in which they were submitted, and not in the order listed by
qstat.

It would be best for me if I could move a job back in the queue, even
after some other user's jobs. I mean, I may have submitted 10 jobs, and
then another user submits one... I might not mind letting his job be
run before mine, so I'd like to be able to move my jobs back, can this
be done? I guess I can use qhold, but this requires me to manually
remove the hold when the other user's job is running.

Thanks