[torqueusers] qsub: Bad UID for job execution

Thomas G. Raisor thunder at et.byu.edu
Sun Apr 2 23:36:48 MDT 2006

I had this same problem tonight. I am using torque 2.0.0p8 and
configured my submit hosts in the torque.cfg file. I got the same error
"Bad UID . . ." until I setup the /etc/hosts.equiv file on the pbs
server. In my case it seems like the torque.cfg isn't working correctly.
OR, am I assuming wrong that even though I specify submit hosts (see
torque.cfg file below) that I still need to setup hosts.equiv?!
my torque.cfg file

ALLOWCOMPUTEHOSTSUBMIT  TRUE
QSUBSLEEP       2
SERVERHOST      pbsserverhostname