[torqueusers] TM interface errors

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Sat Apr 1 14:56:52 MST 2006

On Sat, Apr 01, 2006 at 02:34:50PM -0500, Prakash Velayutham alleged:
> David Golden wrote:
> >On 2006-03-31 13:01:47 -0500, Prakash Velayutham wrote:
> >
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I have a minimal MPI program to test the TM interface and
> >>strangely I seem to get errors during tm_init call.
> >>Could someone explain what could be wrong? Here is the MPI code:

The purpose of calling TM from within an MPI program is unclear to me.
It seems to me you either have an MPI program, or a TM program.  And of
course, MPI launchers using TM is quite handy.

> >Haven't even looked at the code; but:
> >AFAIK there's a 1-client limit in current TM API
> >(see torque planned changes list on wiki).
> >openmpi's run time environment abstraction layer
> >(openrte) would be that client, your user code probably
> >can't be that client.
> Also, when I run that code with TM connections from Mother Superior, it
> works fine. (ie. instead of rank == 1, substitute with rank == 0).
> Wouldn't that also have failed in the above reasoning?

The planned changes are in CVS now.  So if you have a recent snapshot,
you can have more than 1 client connected to TM.  But I haven't tested
connecting from sister MOMs.

University of Southern California