[torqueusers] C scheduler -> maui help

Chris Johnson johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Thu Sep 29 09:30:02 MDT 2005

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Chris Samuel wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 03:12 am, Chris Johnson wrote:
>
> >      Is there an equivalent to node_pack = False in maui and if so
> > what?  Thank you.  Much appreciated.
>
> This is from an old Maui config file here.
>
> # Force MAUI to comply with PBS's policy of nodes and jobs
> JOBNODEMATCHPOLICY     EXACTNODE
>
> I think that's what you want..

     Hm, other Web pages I found seem to indicate this has to do with
what happens when nodes are specified.  I'm not specifying nodes, just
letting it pick them.  Node_pack is definitely false.  And
JOBNODEMATCHPOLICY is definitly EXACTNODE, maui was restarted.  It's
still ignoring node_pack.

     Is there a way to force Node_pack=false behavior in maui?  In
other words if a multiprocessor node is assigned a job, the next job
should go to a processor on the next node not a processor on the node
with a job already running.  I believe that's what Node_pack=false
does.  Or am I wrong?  It seems to be doing this behavior on my
current cluster.

Chris Johnson               |Internet: johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Systems Administrator       |Web:      http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~johnson
NMR Center                  |Voice:    617.726.0949
Mass. General Hospital      |FAX:      617.726.7422
149 (2301) 13th Street      |"Quantum mechanics demands that magic exists"
Charlestown, MA., 02129 USA |        Me