[torqueusers] Question regarding qstat SessId

Michael Homa mhoma at uic.edu
Thu Sep 22 09:35:22 MDT 2005

Hi:

I'm replacing OpenPBS 2.3 with Torque 1.2.0p3. In both cases using
pbs_sched. The compile and install of torque occurred cleanly and am
testing the install. I'm running a Gaussian 03 test job which uses dual
processors on four nodes. While the job is running, I've noticed there is
no SessID displayed when I do any of the qstat permutations. On PBS, I knew
there was a problem with any job not having a session id but that doesn't
appear to be the case with torque. Is this normal? Do other installations
have no session id for running jobs? If anyone has info about the session
id or could point me at information, I'd appreciate it.

Michael Homa
Systems Group
ACCC - UIC