[torqueusers] Queue Priority question

Daniel.G.Roberts at sanofi-aventis.com Daniel.G.Roberts at sanofi-aventis.com
Wed Sep 21 14:16:36 MDT 2005

Hello All
I have two queues..one at 0 priority the other at 100..
It appears to me that the priority settings have no effect.

In other words..the two queues below span exactly the same nodes.
I would have expected that if jobs were queued in both queues that queued jobs in the high priority queue would be run before a queued job in the comparable lower priority queue.
But, this doesn't seem to be the case.  When a resource becomes available regardless of which queue, a job is dequeued and run.  I would have expected that the higher priority queue would be dequeued BEFORE the lower priority queue.

I didn't expect such behavior.  what might I have done wrong?
The queue descriptions are below..
Thanks!
Dan

# Create and define queue ghts
#
create queue ghts
set queue ghts queue_type = Execution
set queue ghts Priority = 0
set queue ghts resources_max.nodect = 11
set queue ghts enabled = True
set queue ghts started = True
#
# Create and define queue ghtshigh
#
create queue ghtshigh
set queue ghtshigh queue_type = Execution
set queue ghtshigh Priority = 100
set queue ghtshigh resources_max.nodect = 11
set queue ghtshigh enabled = True
set queue ghtshigh started = True
#
-