[torqueusers] Signalling on multi node jobs.

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Sep 20 12:35:51 MDT 2005

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 10:39:26PM +0200, Roy Dragseth alleged:
> Hi.
>
> On the mpiexec list we have been discussing how to get suspend/resume work
> with mpiexec.  I thought that if you send a signal using qsig or whatever it
> gets forwarded to all nodes in a job, but that does not seem to be the case.
> Only the mother superior receives the signal, is this the intended behaviour?

That is the expected behaviour currently.  Only MS signals processes.
Historically only the "top level" process is signalled (the user's
script).  Dave was talking about changing that to kill() the entire
process group, but I'm not sure if that happened.

University of Southern California