[torqueusers] Signalling on multi node jobs.

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Mon Sep 19 17:50:41 MDT 2005

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 06:39 am, Roy Dragseth wrote:

>  I thought that if you send a signal using qsig or whatever it
> gets forwarded to all nodes in a job, but that does not seem to be the
> case.   Only the mother superior receives the signal, is this the intended
> behaviour?

I guess the problem is that when people run MPICH or other jobs over ssh
Torque doesn't always get all the information about the remote processes and
so (and this is purely my assumption here) decides to delegate that
responsibility to the process that launched the tasks.

Caveat emptor: I don't know what I'm talking about. :-)