[torqueusers] several questions

Doug Smith doug.smith at lasp.colorado.edu
Fri Sep 16 13:33:58 MDT 2005

Hello I am new to the Torque world and have a few questions:

1. Is there a definitive Torque reference that outlines all the resource
attributes for queue configuration? The main one I have been using is
clusterresource but the documentation on configuring queues seems to be
a bit thin.

2. I have noticed a problem on our cluster where qdel removes the job
from the queue but leaves processes running on the individual nodes. Are
others having this issue? shouldn't qdel be killing cancelled jobs off
of the nodes?

3. Jobs submitted to a queue with defined with a resource_max.cput limit
aren't getting killed by the schedular after their time expires why? Is
there something else that needs to be set inconjunction with this setting?

jds