[torqueusers] Unable to restart pbs_server

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Sep 15 16:00:21 MDT 2005

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 04:18:56PM -0500, Seth Reid alleged:
> Hi,
> I just built a cluster to use to test cluster monitoring software, and I have run into a problem trying to restart the pbs_server.
>
> I will kill the scheduler, maui, then kill the pbs_server. If I then try and start the pbs server again, I get:
> PBS_Server:  Address already in use (98) in init_network, bind failed
> pbs_server: network: Address already in use
> PBS_Server: PBS_Server, init_network failed dis
>
> and after that if I do "ps -ef | grep pbs" I get that pbs_iff is running and I can't kill it.

I'm not sure the later is causing the former since pbs_server and
pbs_iff won't bind to the same ports, though they might have the same
cause.

What is causing pbs_iff to be unkillable?  Is it stuck in IO wait?

What is bound to port 15001?

University of Southern California