[torqueusers] Re: LAM-MPI won't boot with torque-1.2.0p6

Troy Baer troy at osc.edu
Thu Sep 15 13:08:04 MDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 20:55 +0200, Ole Holm Nielsen wrote:
> The pbs_mom man-page
> is confusing as regards the roles of $clienthost and $restricted
> (what's the difference in practical terms ?).

The pbs_mom man page is confusing in a lot of regards. :)  The
difference between $clienthost and $restricted is one of permissions,
but I can't recall a situation where I've needed to connect to a mom
from a non-privileged port.  I suppose it could be useful for monitoring
with something like NAGIOS...

> Question: Is there any documentation stating that the PBS "tm"
> interface requires $clienthost lines in the MOM config file ?
> Is there any other MOM configuration which may be required in
> order for "tm" to work ?

Garrick's post and my subsequent experiments would seem to indicate that
the answer to this is "No".

	--Troy
Troy Baer                       troy at osc.edu
Science & Technology Support    http://www.osc.edu/hpc/
Ohio Supercomputer Center       614-292-9701