[torqueusers] Re: LAM-MPI won't boot with torque-1.2.0p6

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Thu Sep 15 12:55:13 MDT 2005

Troy Baer wrote:
> Do you have $clienthost entries in $PBS_HOME/mom_priv/config for all of
> your compute nodes?  If not, I suspect that's your problem, as pbs_mom
> needs a $clienthost entry for every host that's allowed to talk to it,
> server and moms.

No, I don't have $clienthost lines for the compute nodes (only for
the pbs_server host) in the MOM config file.  The pbs_mom man-page
is confusing as regards the roles of $clienthost and $restricted
(what's the difference in practical terms ?).

The Torque Admin docs v2.0 state that $clienthost is deprecated in
favor of $pbsserver, and that this parameter points to the host
running the pbs_server.

Question: Is there any documentation stating that the PBS "tm"
interface requires $clienthost lines in the MOM config file ?
Is there any other MOM configuration which may be required in
order for "tm" to work ?

I tried to add to the MOM config a line
$restricted *.dcsc.fysik.dtu.dk
but that didn't help any:  Within a PBS job the command
"pbsdsh hostname" still fails as before.

Any other ideas ?

Thanks,
Ole