[torqueusers] Re: LAM-MPI won't boot with torque-1.2.0p6

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Sep 15 11:45:16 MDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 01:10:56PM -0400, Troy Baer alleged:
> Do you have $clienthost entries in $PBS_HOME/mom_priv/config for all of
> your compute nodes?  If not, I suspect that's your problem, as pbs_mom
> needs a $clienthost entry for every host that's allowed to talk to it,
> server and moms.

No you don't.  You need entries for all non-node hosts.  The first entry
must be your pbs_server host, and add additional entries for other hosts
if you want to be able to run 'momctl' or 'dumpmom'.

pbs_server propogates a list of all nodes to every node in your cluster.

University of Southern California