[torqueusers] email notification problem

Adam Tenderholt atenderholt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 17:31:13 MDT 2005

Hi,

I recently installed torque and maui, and job submission via qsub works
great. However, if I specify email notification with '-m ea -M
adam at address.com' at the beginning of a script with #PBS commands (along
with -l nodes=1:ppn=2,mem=50mb), I don't get an email notification when a
job finishes.

Sendmail is running, and I can send an email via the mail command. Also,
something I don't understand is that I can create a script that correctly
sends an email (mail -s "test" adam at address.com << eor \ testing \ eor) but
not if I submit this script via qsub.

I've looked all through the torque/maui/openpbs docs and can't find anything
that says whether there is a configuration setting I need to add/change,
except for the mail_from attribute of "server" which didn't seem to help
(I've changed it from adm to another user just in case).

Any ideas on whether these problems are torque/maui related or if it's a
problem with my sendmail configuration?

Thanks,

Adam