[torqueusers] Exclusive Nodes

Clifton Kirby ckirby3 at colsa.com
Thu Sep 15 07:30:09 MDT 2005

On page 4 of the PBS administrators guide there is mention of "Exclusive
Nodes".  How would you define them in the server nodes file?
I have a situation where my user only wants one CPU from a dual CPU system
but wants exclusive access to the system to avoid a second job running on
the system since one CPU is still available from PBS.  The PBS directive is
"nodes=2:ppn=1" and he does not want two processes on the machine as in
"nodes=2:ppn=2".  Is there a mechanism for qsub or a PBS directive to allow
for what he is doing or can I simply define the nodes as "Exclusive"?

Thanks!