[torqueusers] How to get 'qsub -I' to work

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Fri Sep 9 17:25:24 MDT 2005

On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 01:06:49PM -0400, Paul Raines alleged:

> We are running torque-1.2.0p4
>
> We have been unable to get 'qsub -I' to work.  One gets a login on a
> node for a few seconds, but then it abruptly exists with the error:
>
>   qsub: read error : resource temporarily unavilable
>
> on stderr of the shell used
>
> I can find nothing useful in the logs about this.

I think it is most likely something happening on the node that is
causing the child MOM process to disconnect the network socket.

Was your TORQUE configured with --enable-syslog?  It is necessary to
debug MOM child problems.

University of Southern California