[torqueusers] How to get 'qsub -I' to work

Paul Raines raines at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Thu Sep 8 08:37:33 MDT 2005

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005, Garrick Staples wrote:
> iptables does port filtering as well as NAT.  Can you verify that the
> ruleset doesn't filter any ports?  Maybe have a 3rd party look at the
> rules?

This is a CentOS4.1 box (RHEL 4 clone) with 2.6.9-11.ELsmp kernel. THe
master is a dual 32-bit XEON box.  THere are over 200 nodes about half of
which are dual Opterons running x86_64 CentOS4.  THe others are a mix of
single P4s, single AMD Thunderbird and dual 32-bit Xeons

Again, torque is 1.2.0p4

The ruleset is:

[root ~]# service iptables status
Table: filter
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Table: nat
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
MASQUERADE  all  --  192.168.0.0/16       0.0.0.0/0

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

[root ~]# cat /etc/sysconfig/iptables
# Generated by iptables-save v1.2.9 on Mon Aug 23 16:16:57 2004
*nat
:PREROUTING ACCEPT [5:1332]
:POSTROUTING ACCEPT [3:348]
:OUTPUT ACCEPT [3:348]
-A POSTROUTING -s 192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0 -o eth1 -j MASQUERADE
COMMIT
# Completed on Mon Aug 23 16:16:57 2004