[torqueusers] What controls the pbs_mom -p polling rate

Rick.Ingham at expeditors.com Rick.Ingham at expeditors.com
Wed Sep 7 17:51:39 MDT 2005

Thanks.

And it's set to 120 seconds, which matches the two minute delay in
termination recognitioin I was seeing.

--- Rick Ingham, Expeditors Int'l / IS
---- RICK.INGHAM at EXPEDITORS.COM  (206) 674-3400 x3284   FAX  246-3197

             Garrick Staples
             <garrick at usc.edu>
             torqueusers-bounc         torqueusers at supercluster.org
             es at supercluster.o                                          cc
             rg
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [torqueusers] What controls the
             09/07/2005 04:41          pbs_mom -p polling rate
             PM

On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 04:12:32PM -0700, Rick.Ingham at expeditors.com
alleged:

> I use the -p option when starting pbs_mom to recover tracking of jobs
> already executing when restarting PBS.  For a task that was started
before
> the PBS restart, it seems to take 2-3 minutes after the task completes
and
> terminates before qstat recognizes a job has finally terminated.
>
> What parameter controls the polling interval of pms_mom's -p option?
> In what config file?
> In qmgr?

That's CHECK_POLL_TIME in resmom/mom_main.c.  It's compiled in.  The
upcoming 1.2.0p6 release will have a "$check_poll_time" parameter in
MOM's config and will changable on-the-fly with momctl.

University of Southern California
(See attached file: attyrdyf.dat)