[torqueusers] Setting Default nodes for Job Run

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Sep 6 12:04:28 MDT 2005

On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 02:00:10PM -0400, Brett Ellis alleged:
> I want to set an explicit set of nodes up as a queue.
> eg. bob01 bob02 ... bob16
>
> Is that possible, if so how?  I assume this would be
> in resources_available.
>
> I guess I could also just use an attribute in the
> node description file, and have users specify that
> attribute at runtime, but would like an explicit
> queue if possible.

This is no direct way to do this with TORQUE.  But it can be easily done
with maui or moab.

The documented method is at the very bottom of
http://www.clusterresources.com/products/mwm/docs/12.1nodelocation.shtml#open

A more convient method is to add the node attributes as you mention
above, and set resources_default.nodes on your queue to that attribute.
Maui/moab will then use nodes with that attribute for the jobs in that
queue.  Beware however that the mapping isn't strict and users can
override it by specifying specific hostnames in their request.

University of Southern California