[torqueusers] Resources_List.ncpus & resources_assigned.ncpus meaning

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Mon Sep 5 17:57:00 MDT 2005

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 04:13 pm, Garrick Staples wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 02:27:44PM +1000, Chris Samuel alleged:
>
> > It would *wonderful* if it could be turned into a way to request a job
> > that wants 'n' cpus in *any* configuration..
>
> Chris!  Wake up!  You're dreaming again.

Actually, now that I've realised that setting resources_available.nodect to
the number of CPUs in the cluster got fixed somewhere between 1.2.0p1 and
1.2.0p5 we can use "nodes=" to do this again.

The problem before was that without that you couldn't just ask for X>N cpus
where N was the number of nodes in the cluster via the "nodes=" spec.

I've closed bug #25 that I'd put in about this; many thanks to the fixer!

Chris