[torqueusers] Server not talking to MOMs at all

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Sun Sep 4 01:41:20 MDT 2005

On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 at 11:14:30PM -0600, David B Jackson alleged:
> Garrick,
>
>   Why is that config rasonable?  What would they be trying to accomplish?

I'd imagine any TORQUE newb would have no idea that something called
"clienthost" is the same thing as "headnode" or "pbsserver"; and who
would think that order would matter?

I really think this conversation should be delayed until decisions are
made with multi-server support.

> > On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 at 04:56:53PM -0600, Dave Jackson alleged:
> >> Garrick,
> >>
> >>   I think I added $pbsserver nearly two years ago.  I just forgot about
> >> it and it wasn't properly documented.  Consequently, its probably not
> >> true that anyone is using it.  So, with that, which is more intuitive
> >> for the newbie, $pbsserver, or $headnode?
> >
> > At the moment I'd say neither, because the perfectly reasonably config:
> >    $clienthost  host1
> >    $headnode    host2
> > will completely bite you in the leg.
> >
> > The only "intuitive" use of headnode or pbsserver is if it is listed
> > first.

University of Southern California