[torqueusers] Error -Help needed in running simple job through PBS

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Sat Sep 3 20:57:56 MDT 2005

On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 03:39:28AM +0100, Kashif Saleem alleged:
> Hi All,
>

> I installed TORQUE on two machines labpc-17.nesc.gla.ac.uk(server) and labpc-18.nesc.gla.ac.uk(slave) by mounting the /home directory of the server(labpc-17.nesc.gla.ac.uk) to the slave(labpc-18.nesc.gla.ac.uk) /home directory as mentioned in the article http://www.linuxgazette.com/node/9480.
>
> But now I am getting an  error while submitted  simple jobs as shown below to torque:
> [saleemk at labpc-17 saleemk]$ echo " how r u" | qsub
>

> It looks to me that error is on labpc-18.nesc.gla.ac.uk as mentioned in the log file(Post job file processing error; job 6.labpc-17.nesc.gla.ac.uk on host labpc-18.nesc.gla.ac.uk) but I dont know how to fix this error and why this error occur.

The most likely cause is that pbs_mom is unable to scp/rcp the job's
output files back to the host you submitted from.

These should get you in the right direction:
http://clusterresources.com/products/torque/docs20/6.1scpsetup.shtml
http://clusterresources.com/products/torque/docs20/6.2filesystems.shtml

University of Southern California