[torqueusers] Server not talking to MOMs at all

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Sat Sep 3 19:40:02 MDT 2005

On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 at 04:56:53PM -0600, Dave Jackson alleged:
> Garrick,
>
>   I think I added $pbsserver nearly two years ago.  I just forgot about
> it and it wasn't properly documented.  Consequently, its probably not
> true that anyone is using it.  So, with that, which is more intuitive
> for the newbie, $pbsserver, or $headnode?

At the moment I'd say neither, because the perfectly reasonably config:
   $clienthost  host1
   $headnode    host2
will completely bite you in the leg.

The only "intuitive" use of headnode or pbsserver is if it is listed
first.

University of Southern California