[torqueusers] Server not talking to MOMs at all

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Sat Sep 3 16:31:27 MDT 2005

On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 at 04:22:00PM -0600, Dave Jackson alleged:
> Garrick,
>
> > > The first $clienthost listed identifies the "server" to the MOM.  It
> is the
> > >
> > > I would argue that this behavior is somewhere between counter-intuitive
> > > and broken, even if it has been in PBS since the beginning of time. :)
>
>   We would like to add a 'synonym parameter to $clienthost called
> '$headnode'.  It would behave exactly like $clienthost except for the
> 'confusing both old and new alike' part.
>
>   Is this the best name?  Thoughts?

I just noticed that '$pbsserver' is already a synonym for '$clienthost'.
I don't know how long it's been there, but it looks "post OpenPBS" to
me.  I suppose that is as suitable as '$headnode'; and someone,
somewhere, already has '$pbsserver' in their config files.

Multi-server support still confuses me.  I'm still really unsure what
precise behaviour people want.

University of Southern California