[torqueusers] Torque-1.2.0p5 Server to mom communication error

Dave Jackson jacksond at clusterresources.com
Fri Sep 2 07:42:29 MDT 2005

Fabio,

  This requirement only affects Mac OSX clusters because there were a
few bugs in the OS/X handling of client side socket binding.
Consequently, you can't always be certain that when you are sending a
request out to the server, that you have successfully connected to a
restricted or trusted port.  Consequently,the server needs to trust
these valid connections from clients which originate at ports >= 1024.

  We reported these bugs to Apple some time ago and it is possible that
one or more of these issues have been addressed in the more recent
releases of OS/X.  If you are interested in the changes, you can simply
search on the __TDARWIN and __TDARWINBIND defines in the code.

  This requirement has been documented in section 1.3.2.5 of the new 2.0
TORQUE docs.

Dave