[torqueusers] Server log messages and node lists

Rick.Ingham at expeditors.com Rick.Ingham at expeditors.com
Thu Sep 1 14:06:37 MDT 2005

Maybe I've done something silly here.

We had been using OpenPBS (not Torque) originally.  To function, it
required the local host to be in the node list.  We had the `hostname` in
the nodes file.  We run a single server with pbs server, scheduler, and one
mom all on the same box, with no other nodes.  When I migrated to Torque,
the nodes file entry kept scheduling from working, and deleting our default
node fixed it.

I see these messages in the server log:

09/01/2005 13:00:44;0040;PBS_Server;Svr;sundev1;Scheduler sent command time
09/01/2005 13:00:44;0080;PBS_Server;Req;req_reject;Reject reply
code=15064(Server has no node list), aux=0, type=StatusNode, from
Scheduler at sundev1

Everything seems to be working fine in lots of data centers.  But, it does
seem weird to me that to make it work I had to delete the node, and that it
works without a node list.

If I wanted to resurrect the nodes file entry, how would it need to be
configured differently than simply containing the `hostname` as the node
name?

--- Rick Ingham, Expeditors Int'l / IS
---- RICK.INGHAM at EXPEDITORS.COM  (206) 674-3400 x3284   FAX  246-3197