[torqueusers] new features in CVS

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Mon Oct 31 17:29:59 MST 2005

I just added some large-ish things to CVS, so this is your chance for
feedback/flames:

- resmom transient TMPDIR
  as discussed at
http://www.supercluster.org/pipermail/torqueusers/2005-October/thread.html#2319

- set user hold on submitted jobs with invalid deps
  as discussed at
http://www.supercluster.org/pipermail/torqueusers/2005-September/thread.html#2022

- don't build or install pbs_rcp if configured with --enable-scp.
  In 2.0.0p0, we removed the fallback to pbs_rcp if scp failed, so now
  we can remove it from the build.  This will break people's package
  builds.

- export PBS_SCHED_HINT to pelogues if set in the job
  I have a maui patch that adds the job flags to the job's
  PBS_SCHED_HINT, creating feedback from the scheduler to the
  prologue/epilogue scripts.

  Since I now have nodes that may or may not be shared, the scripts can
  look at $PBS_SCHED_HINT and behave differently.

- add joblist to MOM's status & add EXPERIMENTAL server option "mom_job_sync"
  MOM's tend to gather stale jobs like moss.  This is a pbs_server-centric
  attempt to solve that problem.

University of Southern California