[torqueusers] Altix cpusets

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Sun Oct 30 15:12:22 MST 2005

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:48 pm, Jeroen van den Muyzenberg wrote:

> Sorry Chris, but this *was* an SGI initiative. Much kudos to Paul Jackson
> and indeed to SGI to GPL it (and everything else they've GPL'd!). Great
> to see this work put into linux proper. The original design note starts
> off as...

Umm, I'm still pretty sure this is not what's gone into 2.6. Paul Jackson
himself wrote in July 2004 about the cpusets patch they were trying to get
into the mainline:

# The bulk of the code and much of the design work in this patch has
# been done by Simon Derr <Simon.Derr at xxxxxxxx> of Bull (France).
# The nodemask patch is a preliminary draft of work by Matthew
# Dobson, based on my cpumask patches.

http://uwsg.ucs.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0407.0/0270.html

cheers!
Chris