[torqueusers] Altix cpusets

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Thu Oct 27 22:38:23 MDT 2005

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 02:17 pm, David Singleton wrote:

Hi Dave!

> SGI ProPack4 based on SLES9 (2.6 kernel) uses the standard Linux
> cpusets

You'd told me that before and I'd completely forgotten!  Unless it's changed
recently I believe that Torque only supports the older interface in ProPack3.

Unfortunately SLES9 doesn't seem to have it (on PPC64 at least), so I guess
the kernel package in ProPack4 enables it.

# mount -t cpuset none /dev/cpuset
mount: fs type cpuset not supported by kernel

> (SGI wrote it!).

SGI contributed to it, I don't believe they originated it..

http://lwn.net/Articles/127936/

Copyright (C) 2004 BULL SA.
Written by Simon.Derr at bull.net

Portions Copyright (c) 2004 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
Modified by Paul Jackson <pj at sgi.com>

[...]

4. Contact

Web: http://www.bullopensource.org/cpuset

> I would use the Linux 2.6 cpusets on Opterons if I had them

It'd be nice to try them on PPC64 too..

Chris