[torqueusers] Altix cpusets

David Singleton David.Singleton at anu.edu.au
Thu Oct 27 22:17:45 MDT 2005

Chris Samuel wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 08:40 am, Garrick Staples wrote:
>>While we're on the subject, that cpuset code is Linux-specific, right?
> It's Altix specific I believe.
> There is also now a kernel implementation of cpusets that is significantly
> different to the older Altix version, I don't know if SGI are going to pick
> that up or stick to their API..
> Chris

SGI ProPack4 based on SLES9 (2.6 kernel) uses the standard Linux
cpusets (SGI wrote it!).  And, yes, its different (much better).
I would use the Linux 2.6 cpusets on Opterons if I had them

    Dr David Singleton               ANU Supercomputer Facility
    HPC Systems Manager              and APAC National Facility
    David.Singleton at anu.edu.au       Leonard Huxley Bldg (No. 56)
    Phone: +61 2 6125 4389           Australian National University
    Fax:   +61 2 6125 8199           Canberra, ACT, 0200, Australia