[torqueusers] Intel mpiexec support

Piotr Siwczak psiwczak at man.poznan.pl
Thu Oct 27 07:50:09 MDT 2005

Underlying MPI implementation is rather independent from mpiexec (which
has more to do with pbs/torque and the mpi starting mechanism) than with
mpi libs.

You mentioned about startup mechanism based on mpd daemons. If this is the
method intel mpi starts its children processes, then there's no problem
for you, as mpiexec can be compiled with mpd support.

This is the compile-time option that makes mpiexec work with mpd:

--with-default-comm=mpich2-pmi

Cheers,
Piotr

  --
  Piotr Siwczak <psiwczak at man.poznan.pl>
  System Administrator

  Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center
  Supercomputing Department

  (www.eu-egee.org <piotr.siwczak at cern.ch>)